1999 Ford F-350 Diesel Pick Up Truck
Early one morning, I jumped into the truck to move some equipment, it was 5 a.m.. Power steering went out and I saw fluid on the ground. Uh oh, we got a problem. Got the truck out of the way and made new plans. When I returned, I saw the gas cylinder had popped off, we have a big job to do. Went to the YouTube machine and found a great how to video on how to repair the problem.
How Do You Know The Hydro Boost Is Going Bad:
- Leaks around the master cylinder.
- Air filter clogged with grease and debris.
- Brake pedal is hard and loss of braking.
- Steering wheel is hard to turn.
What Is Hydro Boost
The Hydro-Boost brake boosters use the pressure of the power steering pump to power the brake booster. The booster is essentially a power steering unit that supplements the driver’s input for additional braking.
Great Video By A Winner
- Vice Grip
- Screw Drivers
- Stubby Wrenches
- Hex Screw Drivers
- Bungy Cords
- Deep Well Sockets
- Portable Light
- Get all tools ready.
- Plenty of extensions.
- 19 mm for brakes lines.
- 13 mm for Hydro Boost nuts.
- Stubby wrenches are a must.
- 1/2″ wrench on firewall side of master cylinder.
- 9/16″ nut on radiator side of the master cylinder.
- Apply WD-40 to nuts and bolts prior to start.
- Have deep well sockets.
- Universal joints a must.
- Move wiring harness for Hydro Boost nut access.
- Install cotter pin with loop at the top.
- Move the driver seat back for more room.
- Get a step stool to reach in and over the truck fender.
- You can do this.
Hydro Boost Brakes System – You Can Do This
Step by Step & You Can Get It Done
You Got This
Hydro Boost Removal & Replacement Checklist Below
Step by Step Checklist
I Did It & You Can Too
Dirt Connections was started with one goal in mind: providing quality residential and commercial construction services to clients on time and on budget. Reach out for more information on how we can support your next project.
For your convenience our estimates are free and by appointment. Call 703-940-9949 for a free estimate today!