When it comes to fill dirt near me for sale, Dirt Connections has the dirt you need.
This type of fill dirt is generated when we excavate for new home foundations and commercial building products. This material can include rocks and other construction debris from previous demolition.
Screened Fill Dirt
Our DC Metro area dirt screener is set up with a 1/2 inch screen. This results in a very fine material for your residential or commercial project.
Screened Organic Topsoil
Our special blend of real topsoil and compost provides a great material for all of your plantings.
Need Tested Compactable Fill Dirt Near Me
Dirt Connections’ team of experienced contractors is dedicated to ensuring your project is successful and completed in a timely and professional manner. We have years of experience providing a the necessary fill dirt for all of your project needs for the Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. area.
The Right Compactable Fill Near Me
Soil compaction is an operation common to most construction projects. This operation increases the strength and stability of soils. Strengthened soils, allow for support earthworks, structures, and pavements.
Techniques to achieve maximum soil density are well known. Some techniques include:
- Placement of material in layers / lifts
- Compaction equipment rolls
- Vibratory material placement
- Dead-weight to consolidate the soil.
- Never work wet soil.
- Use flotation tires, dual tires, or tracks on equipment.
- Always inflate tires to the lowest safe psi.
- Use shrub, mulch or fence borders to keep foot traffic away from planted areas in landscapes.
- Plan your project.
- Find your slope.
- Calculate how much dirt you need.
- Order the dirt from a reputable and dependable supplier.
- Find the high and low points in your yard.
- Compact and smooth out the dirt.
- Apply plenty of high quality seed.
- Spread straw mat or straw over the newly graded area.
- Keep the new yard damp, do not over water.
Dirt Connections was started with one goal in mind: providing quality residential and commercial construction services to clients on time and on budget. Reach out for more information on how we can support your next project.
For your convenience our estimates are free and by appointment. Call 703-940-9949 for a free estimate today!